Paul McElroy Bird Walk :: May 30, 2015 :: 10am - 12pm
Location: Riverside Park
Discover a wild and scenic river within the city limits of Providence! Join this memorial walk held to honor the late Paul McElroy, who enjoyed nature walks as a child with former Audubon Executive Director Roland Clement.
As an adult, Paul was an avid supporter of both the Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council and Audubon. Surprising natural beauty lies along the bike path, come discover it on this winding walk. Wear sturdy shoes for off-path walking.
The walk will start and end at Riverside Park in Providence, 50 Aleppo Street.
Registration is required. Suggested donation is $10 per person or $20 per family.
Call to register: 401-861-9046 or email: email@example.com
Fish Count 50/50 Raffle :: June 5, 2015
Take a chance! Watch the fish! Win some clams!
How it works:
1. Guess how many native herring will return to the Woonasquatucket to spawn in 2015. Guess as many times as you like.
2. Pay $10 for each guess online or by sending your guess and cash or check to our office.
3. Wait while our fish counters count the herring as they return and our state fishery biologist calculates how many fish have returned.
4. Win half the pot of total funds collected through this raffle if your guess is closest to the total number of herring that returned to the Woony in 2015.
5. Receive giant cardboard check and an actual certified check for your winnings at a big press event announcing the 2015 herring return to our urban river.
Bike Camp :: June 29, 2015
Location: Riverside Park
Bike camp is held at the Red Shed Bike Shop in Riverside Park, 50 Aleppo Street, Providence, RI for youth ages 8-14 years old. It runs from 9am- 3pm, Monday- Friday. Lunch is provided. Every day includes lessons in bike mechanics and a great group ride! The week-long camps start on June 30th and run to mid-August. Sign up for one week or multiple weeks! And sign up now: there are only ten places available each week.
6th Annual Woony River Ride :: September 19, 2015 :: 8am
Location: Waterplace Park
The Woony Ride brings out families and avid cyclists from the all over the region to enjoy the scenic greenway of the Woonasquatucket River, a historic asset to the state of RI. It's a fully supported ride that ends with an AFTER-PARTY at Waterplace Park in Downtown Providence with live music, food, and awesome prizes for fundraisers!
Sign up for our mailing list and get event annoucements by email!
We do not share our mailing lists with other organizations and all emails we send to our mailing list include a link to unsubscribe from our mailing list. By providing us with your email address you are agreeing to permit us to send you annoucements of Watershed Council events and other matters related to the projects and activies of the Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council. Thank you for your interest! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.